Wednesday 7 March 2012

100 Days of Thankfulness

I was riding on the back of a motorbike the other day, feeling the wind in my face and hair (actually causing a lot of knots.  It’s not glamorous like you might think!) and I was thinking about my life.  I was thinking about my struggles and wondering, how I will find my way out of the self-pity hole I felt trapped in.  And the thought came to me, ‘100 Days of Thankfulness’.

So here I embark on a journey.  In the next 100 days I will be finding something every day that I am truly thankful for.  I am not eager to blog every day as I know I will fail and I don’t want the pressure of that, but I found a little journal in my cupboard that my friend gave to me last birthday.  She has already written some scriptures in some of the pages and stuck in some photos of memories we have together.
And that leads me to:

Day 1:  I am thankful for God-given friends.

 
I have spent a few hours over the last years of my life asking God to bring me a friend during a specific time.  Each time, without fail, God has provided exactly the right friend for me.  Isn’t He amazing?!  Our God is so faithful.

Yes God provides, but what about when I don’t feel like I’m good enough for them.  Sometimes I feel like I have nothing of myself to give my friends.  What do they see in me that makes them want to be friends with me?  Don’t they see the ugliness inside my heart?  I know I am imperfect and when I am struggling with feeling worthless, I wonder these things.

Last night I read a quote:
We don’t have to be perfect to be a blessing.  We are asked only to be real, trusting in His perfection to cover our imperfection, knowing that one day we will finally be all that Christ saved us for and wants us to be.
Gigi Graham Tchividjian

So Lord, thank you for the friends you have placed in my life.  Thank you that you cover my imperfections, allowing your grace to cover me.  Make me sensitive to my friends’ needs around me, so that I, through you, may be their answer to prayer too.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...