Tuesday 17 May 2011

The juggle of Life

Life is busy!  We all know that!  Sometimes I wonder how could I add 5 hours to my day without getting those 5 hours from my sleep time.  In those hours I would read more, I would listen more, I would learn more.
I have just started a new bible study by Beth Moore called Living Beyond Yourself- exploring the fruit of the spirit.  Have you ever done a bible study by Beth Moore?  If not, I HIGHLY recommend you do, for your life will be changed!  She is an amazing woman that is so inspiring to me!
Today I listened to her speaking about pouring out your confessions and concerns before God, letting God pour into your life and then letting Him pour out of your life.  This is not something I can learn or perfect in one day, in fact I will be on this journey for the rest of my life!  But after hearing her message the greatest desire in my heart is to seek God’s face and fall before Him and tell Him, I am his daughter and I want what He wants for my life! 
God,
“Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days!” Psalm 90:14
With His love filling me up and overflowing, I can surely handle anything.  (I learnt that in my last Beth Moore bible study- Loving Well).
So in the business of life on a ship with 400 other people living around me, when it’s difficult to find time alone and balance how life should be, I want so much for God to fill me with His spirit, that I may walk with Him and carry His spirit in my life, that it would be evident to all.
But I fail. Every day I make bad decisions and speak out of turn, but I know I can come before God and ask forgiveness and walk before him as a forgiven woman because He has said so.
Although this doesn’t directly relate to Africa, it does relate to me living and learning while in Africa.  Every day is a new day to learn and grow.  Isn’t that what life is about, whether you live in a comfortable house in a beautiful city, or on a ship floating in a port in West Africa!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...