Friday 13 April 2012

Trust

Do you ever look back on a time in your life that was difficult and see how God was working amongst the difficulties?  Even through the pain, God is present.
You see, we have a choice about bringing our hurts to Him.  I could choose to keep them to myself and wallow in the pain and suffer, or I can lay them before God with an exposed heart and ask for healing and restoration.  The thing is though, it takes time for the pain to fade, combined with a lot of faith and trust that God is good and has plans that are better than ours.  “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.”  Isaiah 55:9 

 I have to actively choose that God’s word in the bible is truth and it is written for me!  I choose to believe that God promises me many things, like abundant joy and I just need to grab onto that promise and walk with it!

“He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy.” Job 8:21

“You will go out with joy and be led forth with peace.”  Isaiah 55:12

I read these scriptures and many more and walk through my day holding onto them.  And the more I practice the better I get.  The more I am opening up God’s word and seeking to find him amongst the pages, the more He reveals to me.

As I look back over the last few months I see one character trait of God’s stand out: FAITHFULNESS.  He is SO faithful!  He has met me where I am at, every time.  He has never asked of me more than I can handle and when I feel like I just can’t cope anymore, I call on Him for more strength.  And while I’m there, give me joy too!  Let my joy be in Him and not in my circumstances.  For circumstances change and happiness comes and goes, but God is constant and will continually give us all that we need if we ask Him.

So, whatever it is that you are battling this week or just today, this is my prayer for you:

 “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”  Romans 15:13

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...