Saturday 7 July 2012

Over the Oceans

This is a few days late, but better late than never.

This very second I am flying above south-west Europe on my way to Switzerland. Only a couple of weeks ago I was sailing over the Atlantic ocean and now I'm in the air. As I gaze out of the window across the clouds that look like sand dunes in the sky, I wonder how this became my life. How did I end up living more than two years  of my life on a hospital ship in West Africa with friends from America, Canada, England, Ireland, Holland, Austria, New Zealand, Switzerland, Germany, West Africa and many more. How blessed I am to be able to travel through Europe on my holidays (because it's actually closer and cheaper than going home!). I sit here on the plane alone and although I have no one to speak to (no one even sitting next to me) I do not feel alone. While I was sitting in the airport waiting for my flight, I though about all the flights I have made on my own (quick count was 20!) but the last few particularly I have never felt alone. For me it's a unique time of sharing with God. He sees what I see, knows my thoughts and walks and sits beside me as I travel. And I am just so thankful! I truly never imagined my life would turn out the way it has. God has poured out an abundance of gifts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...